About My Work
If you’ve looked around my site at all, you’ve probably realized that I am extremely passionate about my work with newborns and mothers. Motherhood is such an intensely personal journey, and a life-changing experience that is difficult to understand until you’ve personally experienced it. As mothers, we love our children fiercely. We give our bodies and every last bit of ourselves to them. They start as our future, then become our new beginning.
My work as a Portland, Oregon newborn photographer is very personal to you and your story. No two sessions are the same, just as no two babies are the same. My goals are to capture the connections and emotions that come with having a new baby. My style is soft and expressive. I use simple and organic elements to create unique portraits of your journey into motherhood and the love you have for your newborn. Whether this is your first baby or your fifth, each little life brings something new and different to being Mom. My purpose is to create beautiful, timeless art that will last generations – for you and your children.
My name is Jen and I’m mama to two boys, Ethan and Liam. I’m introverted, but not shy. I seem quiet but I can be loud and obnoxious with the best of them. My wonderful husband is an accountant by day, Airsoft blogger by night. I have three siblings. I am nine years older than my youngest sister. I used to dress her up and photograph her with the pink 110 film camera I got for my eighth birthday. My dreams of creating art started young – first as an animator, then as an actress, and finally finding my purpose as a photographer. I’m truly blessed. It’s the best job in the world.
15 random facts about me:
- I’m on a personal quest to find the best chai latte.
- I’m a scarf and boots kind of girl.
- I moved to Oregon for the weather. You know, since it rains “all the time”.
- Christmas is my favorite holiday. I’m a little obsessed. I may have three Christmas trees. Maybe.
- I love me a good ribeye steak.
- Hello, chocolate. And cheesecake.
- I have a teaching credential and a masters in education. Someday I would love to teach other photographers.
- I am a tv/movie junkie. And a night owl. With young kids. It’s a problem.
- I have never smoked a cigarette. Or anything else, for that matter.
- I am a Ravenclaw at Hogwarts.
- My husband and I honeymooned in Paris. I can’t wait to go back.
- I don’t mind doing laundry but I don’t like folding it. And I hate doing dishes.
- I have an iced tea addiction.
- Every biographical paper I wrote from elementary school through college was on Walt Disney.
- I’m originally from Southern California. I don’t surf. And I’ve only met a few celebrities.
Want to know anything else about me? Send me a message, I’d love to hear from you!
Find out what people are saying about me.